So, here’s a simple healthy pasta recipe 🙂
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sliced onion
- sliced mushrooms (as many!)
- 1 chopped tomato
- lots of kale (or spinach)
- pasta (I used penne + fusilli)
- water + cream (or coconut milk)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- cheese (I used muenster)
0. Boil water in a big pot. Once it starts boiling, add some salt and the pasta. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes (read instructions on the package). Drain it and keep aside. Also, save some of that pasta water in a separate bowl, we’ll use it in a bit.
While the pasta was cooking, I started my prep work as follows:
1. Heat up a little oil in a pan, saute the onions. Then add garlic.
2. Toss in the mushrooms, let them sear a little.
3. Add the chopped tomato, saute a little.
4. Sprinkle some crushed red chilli pepper flakes, and salt.
5. Then, add the water saved from pasta pot and some coconut milk (just because I had some leftover). It adds that creamy flavour which goes well with mushrooms. Alternatively, you can add water plus a little cream. Or even just plain water works great. Add generously enough to cover up all the veggies. The pasta will soak up all the liquidy goodness!
6. Add pasta and chopped kale. Cover the pan. Lower the heat. Cook for 8-ish minutes. Let the flavours get to know each other.
7. Sprinkle with some (or lots!) cheese, it’ll melt right away and enjoy 🙂