One of the quickest healthy, yummy go-to snacks in our house is bhel! Or fruit/veggie salad with some crunchy tid-bits. Call it by any name, cuz it turns out different every time we make it 🙂 Use whatever you have at hand, you can mix-and-match so many different variations.
Basically, it’s a mish-mash of fruits/veggies along with something to hold it all together, such as puffed rice, peanuts, croutons, etc.
- chopped fruits such as apple, pear, grapes, tomato
- chopped veggies such as bell pepper, onion, cucumber
- something crispy to add body and bring the dish together such as puffed rice/ rice krispies/ pori, roasted peanuts, roasted sunflower seeds, croutons
- dressing and garnish such as lemon/lime juice, salt, chaat masala (a spice mix generally found in Indian stores), fresh coriander leaves, mint, basil.
- Chop all the fruits/veggies. Add the dressing/ garnish. Finally add the crunchy bits. That’s all.
Seriously, even though it seems like there are so many ingredients, it’s very easy to first gather everything, chop it up and put it together. Trust me, it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare this dish! 🙂 And there are sooooo many ways to configure it, depending on what you have in the fridge!